Tips on how to sleep like a baby
Sleep problems have been more prevalent during this pandemic. In this short two minute read we discover why people are having sleep problems and what they can do to help themselves get a better night’s rest.
According to a recent report by the BBC, people across the UK are increasingly struggling to get a good night’s sleep since the Covid-19 outbreak. Researchers from King’s College London interviewed more than 2,254 UK residents aged between 16-75. The findings were fascinating – newsworthy more than snoozeworthy. The survey suggests more than half of the population have had problems sleeping since the outbreak.
Concerns causing this include money worries, health fears and general anxiety about the future.
Disturbed sleep is a vicious circle as the researchers explained. Dr Ivana Rosenzweig said: “Stress can cause sleepless nights. And feeling tired and irritable only compounds this, so it’s a damaging cycle.”
Tips for a Good Night’s Sleep
If you are struggling to reach the land of nod, try these four tips from sleep expert Dr Simon Kyle.
- Avoid caffeine – Consuming tea, coffee, soft drinks or even chocolate late in the day can keep you up at night.
- Knock napping on the head – Resist the urge to have a lockdown siesta – you’ll regret it later that evening.
- It’s a blackout – Simply lying down undisturbed in a dark bedroom can help ease you into a deeper, more refreshing sleep.
- The great outdoors – exercising, especially outdoors, has many benefits, including helping your mind and body relax. But don’t overdo it in the evening. This can have the opposite effect by over-stimulating your brain.
Rise and shine. A view of the property market
After the first couple of phases of the lockdown have been eased the property market in Bromley and South London has awoken with a resurgence.
We’re seeing huge interest levels from buyers and sellers keen to move after months of waiting.
And while selling your home can be a stressful experience, here are the team at Edward Ashdale’s top three tips to help you rest easier at night during the process.
- Choose a good estate agent – The cheapest is rarely the best option. Invite three agents to value your home. Choose who you feel will do the best job based on rapport, their previous results and their evidence-based valuation.
- Get paperwork ready – Being organised early during the selling process will mean you won’t get sleepless nights wondering where warranties or legal documents are.
- Organsie the removals company in advance – Usually when you have sold. Good removals companies are often busy so ensure you give yourself plenty of time to get quotes and pencil them in ahead of your exchange date.
We’ve plenty of other expert advice to help soothe any selling stress you might have.
It’s based on over 20 years experience of the property market in Bromley and the South-East of London.
If you are considering a move, you’ll be sleeping like a well-fed baby wrapped up in a snuggly warm blanket with the right agent.
Finally, #Staysafe and remember, don’t check your phone before you get in to bed!
Share this with
Copy this link